Not that Hollywood has lied to me before, but if I lived in a movie I’d have a cape by now.
Being continually exposed to micro-pollutants and today’s special gift of The West Coast Radiation Plume, all I need is a spider bite, then I too can take my special seat in the Hall of Justice.
This morning I suggested to my son that superpowers are often just an exaggeration of your existing traits triggered by radioactivity. He looked at me and noted that there’s probably a good reason we’ve never seen, “works-all-day-on-a-computer-man” or, “really-great-marketing-man.” I won’t take that personally. Smart kid, but all the payback I need he got from me genetically, 19 years ago. It does make me think of the scene in Mystery Men when they interviewed all the B-List superheroes – how many of us would be in that line?
It’s not that I want to deny you your justification to wear spandex and buy a gold-plated superhero submarine or rocket powered motorcycle, I would just like us all to have a pollution and radiation free future.
Error: Your Requested widget "Yuzo " is not in the widget list.
- [do_widget_area after-content-ad]
- [do_widget id="text-7"]
- [do_widget_area after-entry]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-6"]
- [do_widget_area after-post-ad]
- [do_widget id="text-6"]
- [do_widget_area footer-1]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-3"]
- [do_widget_area footer-2]
- [do_widget id="text-18"]
- [do_widget_area footer-3]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-4"]
- [do_widget_area header-right]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-5"]
- [do_widget_area home-bottom]
- [do_widget id="featured-post-6"]
- [do_widget_area home-middle]
- [do_widget id="featured-post-8"]
- [do_widget id="featured-post-7"]
- [do_widget id="featured-post-9"]
- [do_widget_area home-right]
- [do_widget id="featured-post-4"]
- [do_widget_area home-top]
- [do_widget id="genesisresponsiveslider-widget-4"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar]
- [do_widget id="text-4"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-15"]
- [do_widget id="custom_html-7"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-8"]
- [do_widget id="pinterestbadgewidget-2"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-alt]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="yuzo_widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-19"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="featured-post-4"]
On a happier note, I recently got a chance to meet some actual Super Friends at a dinner in San Francisco. We gathered to celebrate an early St. Patrick’s for an Irish friend visiting the Bay from his home in Spain. It was fitting that this professional sustainability analyst pulled together a meeting of green minds to celebrate the original Green Holiday.
I tip my hat (and cape) to the fascinating and passionate people in the sustainability movement that each add unique perspective, talent and brainpower to the challenges we face as a community. Like a big bowl of Stone Soup from the famous folk-story, amazing results can come from the cooperation of diverse minds amid a seeming climate of thought-scarcity. Pull up Twitter and follow @TomRaftery, the Greenmonk from Redmonk, and @JaymiHeimbuch from Discovery’s TreeHugger.com.
I shall allow the rest of the attendees to remain in their relative and preferred anonymity.
It’s more mysterious like that, and it is of course the superhero way.
A green blogger with a decent super hero name, the Crunchy Chicken
What is The Hall of Justice?
Map of radiation monitoring stations across the country
My favorite electronic surplus outlet puts out a special on Geiger counters and detection items
This is the first photo I’m using that someone else took. Turns out that I didn’t have any superhero photos in my personal collection. Thanks to istolethetv, for the photo, black red and white all over, licensed with this Creative Commons license.
Waiting Patiently for my Superpowers by Brad Rowland is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.