e2: Design: Season 1 (2006)
This PBS series is a pretty good set of shows covering a wide variety of sustainability topics. I learned a lot during every show and was quite surprised by some of the projects in regions that I would not have normally associated with sustainable change. From Boston to Beijing, Austin and Chicago, and especially surprising advancements in green building techniques being leveraged for eco-skyscrapers in New York City.
The season 1 show listings (via Wikipedia) are:
- Season one
- “The Green Apple”: sustainable design options for skyscrapers in New York city.
- “Green for All”: incorporating cultural values into sustainable design for impoverished communities such as rural Mexico.
- “The Green Machine”: the benefits of authoritarian leadership are demonstrated in the green projects of Chicago mayor Daley
- “Gray to Green”: residential reuse of structural components from Boston’s Big Dig
- “China: From Red to Green”: sustainable design in new construction in China
- “Deeper Shades of Green”: profiles three thinkers in sustainable design: Ken Yeang, Werner Sobek, and William McDonough.